Deadline: On going
Start Date: Due to changing staffing needs ITS is frequently, although not always, hiring.
Position Type: Student Employment
Apply Online (a secure link)
Under the supervision of the Day/Evening Operations Coops & Supervisory Assistants. Integral part of the routine operation of ITS Lab Services supported computer labs. Provide computer hardware and software support to Institute students, faculty, and staff.
Responsibilities/Specific Job Duties
- Provides consulting support to students, faculty, and staff. Refers questions to other consulting sources when necessary.
- Ensures that all equipment is treated with proper care and is not removed without proper authorization.
- Logs equipment damage and malfunctions with management.
- Records required statistical information for reporting purposes.
- Provides users with access to reference manuals and other available information upon request.
- Provides assistance and support for printers, computers, and other equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Special Skills Required
- Excellent customer service attitude and strong communication skills.
- Consulting or training experience.
- Experience with computer software, hardware, and VAX/VMS, Unix, PC and/or Macintosh operating environments.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable.
- Willingness to learn.