Deadline: On going
Start Date: Due to changing staffing needs ITS is frequently, although not always, hiring.
Position Type: Student Employment
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and class schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support, as a member of the ITS Resnet Team, to students residing in RIT housing. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and meeting technology needs of students utilizing RIT residential computing resources.
- Troubleshooting and repair of routine, unique and complex computer hardware/software problems.
- Assisting Resnet supervisors on special projects as assigned, with a concentration on continual process improvement.
- Providing technology training to customers as requested as well as providing consulting services as related to best practices for computer use.
- Delivering excellent customer service along with strong problem resolution techniques and a good working knowledge of a variety of technologies — old, current, or leading edge.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent customer service, teamwork and organizational skills are required. Good communication skills essential, both written and oral. Good hardware and software troubleshooting skills with a concentration on networking issues.
- Experience with PC Windows operating systems required. (Win 9x,NT,2000,XP)
- Experience with Apple, Linux and Unix desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of current security issues on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.