This page will help you connect your device to the wireless network while in Windows 8. Most devices running Windows 8 can be connected using the "Quick Set-Up," option. If you find that you are having trouble connecting to the wireless network after attempting a Quick Set-Up, please follow the link on the bottom of this page for instructions on how to do an "Advanced Set-Up."
Note: These instructions assume the use of a Wireless Network Card that is managed by the Windows 8 "Wireless Zero Configuration Service." If your network card cannot be managed by Windows, please refer to the documentation that came from the manufacturer of your network card to determine how to connect to WPA2 networks.
- Click the wireless icon on the Windows Taskbar.
- On the left hand side, Windows will show the available networks.
- Select RITWPA2 from the available networks.
- Enter your RIT Username and Password.
- Accept the RIT Wireless Certificate by clicking "Connect".
- Once the certificate is accepted, you should be connected to the wireless network. Windows may prompt you 1 more time to type in the Username and Password. If you are having problems signing in, please see advanced setup.
If you are having any problems, please see the advanced setup below. Third-party wireless management software may cause issues connecting. If you are experiencing any problem, please stop by the Resnet office for assistance.