Windows 8 & RT wireless settings are provided below. There is a Quick Setup that should be preformed first. Most computers will resolve the correct wireless settings for Quick Setup. The advanced setup is for devices that cannot connect using the quick Setup.
These instructions assume the use of a wireless network card that is managed by the Windows 8 & RT "Wireless Zero Configuration Service." If your network card can not be managed by Windows, please refer to the documentation that came from the manufacturer of your network card to determine if and how to connect to WPA2 networks.
- Click on the wireless icon on the Windows Taskbar.
- On the left hand side, Windows will show the available networks.
- Select RITWPA2 from the available networks.
- Enter your RIT Username and Password.
- Accept the RIT Wireless Certifcate by clicking "Connect".
- Once the certificate is accepted, you should be connected to the wireless network. Windows may prompt you 1 more time to type in the Username and Password. If you are having problems signing in, please see advanced setup.
If you are having any problems, please see the advanced setup below. Third-party wireless management software may cause issues connecting. If you are experiencing any problem, please stop by the Resnet office for assistance.