Most game consoles do not support WPA2 or WPA2 with enterprise encryption. Devices will need to be manually registered on start.rit.edu. Below are the instructions to find the MAC address for XBOX 360 and Play Station 3. Click here for Manual Registration instructions on start.rit.edu.
From the PS3 main menu screen:
1. Select [Settings]
2. Select [System Settings]
3. Select [System Information]
This screen will display your PS3
The Nintendo Wii will not connect to any RIT-provided wireless; there is an open case between Cisco and Nintendo to resolve this exact issue. In the mean time, Nintendo produces a wired Ethernet adapter that will work on the RIT network. However The Nintendo 3DS will connect to RIT unsecured.
Wii Ethernet Adapter
This screen should have a line
with "USB Ethernet Adapter
MAC Address" or "LAN Adapter
MAC Address" or similar
(note: The wireless MAC address will not work)
- From the home screen, Go to Settings tab.
- Select System icon inside of the settings tab
- Select Network Settings.
- Select "rit" from the Available Networks.
- Select Configure Network.
- Select the Additional Settings tab and hit Advanced Settings.
- Your MAC address will be listed towards the bottom of this page. This address should be recorded for start.rit.edu manual registration