- Go to the Apple Menu Bar and select "System Preferences".
- Under "Internet & Network" section, select "Network".
- On the left hand side, select "Airport". Then click the "Advanced" button on the bottom right of the screen.
Note: Newer Version of Mac OS X display "Wi-Fi" instead of "Airport" in the Network Connections
- On this page, remove all previous connected RIT wireless networks (rit, ritwpa, ritwpa2) from the Preferred Networks list by selecting the name and the "-" button.
- Click the "+" button to add a new wireless network.
- In the window titled "Enter the Name of the Network," enter your RIT username and password into the corresponding fields.
- You may be prompted to save your RIT username and Password in Keychain. Type in your Mac OS Keychain password (this is normally your Mac OS X login password). Then press the "OK" button.
- Press the "OK" button on the Network Window.
- You will be prompted to Verify RIT Wireless Certificate. Click the "Show Certificate" button.
- In the following Window. Select the certificate "radius.rit.edu" and then press the "Trust" downwards arrow. Then in the drop down list next to "When using this certificate:" Select "Always Trust" from the drop-down items. Then press "Continue".
- You may be prompted once more to enter your RIT username and password. Press "OK" after entering your login information.
- Once connected, the Airport icon will appear green and the Status will show Authenticated.
- Open your web browser and verify that you are able to access the internet.