- Go to the Apple Menu Bar and select "System Preferences".
- Under "Internet & Network" section, select "Network".
- On the left hand side, select "Airport". Then click the "Advanced" button on the bottom right of the screen.
Note: Newer Version of Mac OS X display "Wi-Fi" instead of "Airport" in the Network Connections
- On this page, remove all previous connected RIT wireless networks (RIT, RIT-Legacy, RIT-Guest) from the Preferred Networks list by selecting the name and clicking the "-" button.
- Click the "+" button to add a new wireless network.
- In the window titled "Enter the Name of the Network," enter "RIT" into the Network Name box, and select "WPA2 Enterprise" from the Security dropdown menu. Enter your RIT username and password into the appropriate fields and then click OK.
- You may be prompted to save your RIT username and Password in Keychain. Type in your Mac OS Keychain password (this is normally your Mac OS X login password). Then press the "OK" button.
- Press the "OK" button on the Network Window.
- You will be prompted to Verify RIT Wireless Certificate. Click the "Show Certificate" button.
- In the following Window. Select the certificate "radius.rit.edu" and then press the "Trust" downwards arrow. Then in the drop down list next to "When using this certificate:" Select "Always Trust" from the drop-down items. Then press "Continue".
- You may be prompted once more to enter your RIT username and password. Press "OK" after entering your login information.
- Once connected, the Airport icon will appear green and the Status will show Authenticated.
- Open your web browser and verify that you are able to access the internet.