Windows Vista wireless settings are provided below. There is a Quick Setup that should be preformed first. Most computers will resolve the correct wireless settings for Quick Setup. The advanced setup is for devices that cannot connect using the quick Setup.
These instructions assume the use of a wireless network card that is managed by the Windows Vista "Wireless Zero Configuration Service." If your network card can not be managed by Windows, please refer to the documentation that came from the manufacturer of your network card to determine if and how to connect to WPA2 networks.
- Click on the Network icon on the taskbar
- Click on "Connect to a Network" Then click on the wireless network RITWPA2.
- You will be prompted to "Enter/select additional log on information.
- Enter your RIT Username and Password.
- Next you will be prompted to Validate Server Certificate. Click on the OK button.
- Next, Save this network and press close.
- Next you will need to classify what type of network you are connecting to. Please select public (this will set the firewall and sharing trust levels in Windows Vista.)
If you are having any problems, please see the advanced setup below. Third-party wireless management software may cause issues connecting. If you are experiencing any problem, please stop by the Resnet office for assistance.