Windows XP wireless settings are provided below. There is a Quick Setup that should be preformed first. Most computers will resolve the correct wireless settings for Quick Setup. The advanced setup is for devices that cannot connect using the quick Setup.
These instructions assume the use of a wireless network card that is managed by the Windows XP "Wireless Zero Configuration Service." If your network card can not be managed by Windows, please refer to the documentation that came from the manufacturer of your network card to determine if and how to connect to WPA2 networks.
Some Windows XP SP3 builds are unable to recieve the Wireless Certificate from our radius servers. For this reason, users can download and install our RIT wireless certificate here.
- Right click on the Wireless Icon on the Windows Taskbar.
- Click on the wireless network RITWPA2 and hit Connect.
- Windows will try to detect network type. This may take a few mintues.
- Next, a ballon window will pop up on the task bar wireless icon. Click the ballon to sign into the wireless network.
- Enter your RIT Username and password. Leave the Domain field blank and the hit OK.
- Another ballon window will appear to accept the wireless certificate.
- Accept the Wireless Certificate by clicking the OK button.
If you are having any problems, please see the advanced setup below. Third-party wireless management software may cause issues connecting. If you are experiencing any problem, please stop by the Resnet office for assistance.