When you empty your deleted items folder, the Exchange server keeps a copy of the e-mail or folder for 30 days. Using Outlook for Windows or Outlook Web Access (http://mymail.rit.edu), you can restore these deleted items to your Exchange account by using the steps below:
Outlook for Windows
1. Click on “Folder” at the top of your Outlook window.
2. Click the “Recover Deleted Items” icon.
3. In the “Recover Deleted Items” window that appears, highlight the message(s) you would like to restore.
4. Click the “Recover selected items” icon at the top of the window. This restores the message to your Deleted Items folder (or the folder it was deleted from, if it was deleted directly from another folder).
Outlook Web Access (mymail.rit.edu)
1. Right click on the Deleted Items folder in the folder list on the left, select “Recover Deleted Items.”
2. In the “Recover Deleted Items” window that appears, select the message(s) you would like to recover.
3. Click the “Recover Selected Items” icon at the top of the list, and select the folder to which you would like to restore the message(s).