- From within the "Accounts" window select the "Directory Service" tab. The "Directory Service" tab contains all directory accounts that are available to Outlook Express.
- Click on the "New" button at the top of the window.
- The "Account Setup Assistant" for directory services will appear.
Click the "Configure Account Manually" button from the bottom of the Assistant window.
- The "Edit Account Window" will appear.
It is broken up into two areas, Account Settings and Options which are denoted by the tabs at the top of the window. Within the "Account Settings" tab enter "RIT Directory" in the "Account Name" field, and "ldap.rit.edu" in the "LDAP server" field.
- Click the "Options" tab. In the "Search base" field enter the following string exactly as listed: ou=people,dc=rit,dc=edu
- Click the "OK" button. This will bring you back to the "Accounts" Window. "RIT Directoryv will now show up in your list of available Directories. Select it by clicking it once, and then click the "Make Default" button. RIT Directory will become bold, indicating it is your default directory.
- Close the "Accounts" window.