RIT has secured a licensing agreement with Microsoft to provide Faculty and Staff the ability to keep both their work and home computers up to date with the most commonly used Microsoft software and Operating Systems. This agreement applies to desktop and laptop computers only, and does not include server software.
- Microsoft operating system upgrades for desktop and laptop computers. ITS currently recommends Microsoft Windows 7, x64.
- Office for Windows systems: Current version available is Microsoft Office Professional 2010 which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Groove, InfoPath, OneNote, and Publisher.
- Office for Macintosh systems: Current version available is Microsoft Office 2011 for Macintosh which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage.
- Client Access Licenses (CALs) for MS-Exchange, SMS, and SharePoint Portal Server. CALs will be required for each machine using Exchange email and calendaring system.
What's not included?
- Microsoft Server operating system software.
- MS Visio, Project, or any Microsoft software not explicitly listed above.
How do I get it?
- On-Campus computers: The three-year agreement allows for the above software and upgrades to be applied to any RIT-owned computer covered by the program. This means that any RIT-owned computer (including desktops, laptops and lab machines) may be upgraded to the latest Microsoft operating system or Office release without the purchase of a separate license or upgrade license. As always, to arrange for a software upgrade, please contact your system administrator or the ITS Service Desk at 5-4357, TTY at 5-2810, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Home computers: The agreement also allows for easier home use for RIT employees for the products covered in the agreement. Home use CD's are available for a nominal fee to Faculty and Staff at the Digital Den. Purchase of these CD's provide Faculty and Staff the ability to keep their home machines up to date with the latest Microsoft software through the Microsoft Campus Licensing Agreement. For version and availability information, please contact the Digital Den at 585-475-2211.