- Campus, Local, & Long Distance Dialing
- Within RIT
- Local (within Rochester local call area)
- Long Distance (within 585 area code)
- Collect, 3rd Party, or Person-To-Person
- New York State Relay Service
- Directory Assistance Dialing
Campus, Local, & Long Distance Dialing
The RIT telephone system provides direct inward dialing, direct outward dialing and dialing among telephones within the system.
Callers have several options to connect with faculty, staff and students. From off campus, they can either dial the person's direct number. From on campus, the individual department or person can be reached directly by dialing their 5 digit extension number. A campus directory of faculty, staff and departments is available on line and in print form through ITS Communications Services.
Within RITRIT Operator (8:30am - 4:30pm, Mon. - Fri.)
On Campus Calls
Dial 5 then the four digits listed in the RIT directory for 475 numbers
Examples of Dialing On-Campus and Off-Campus Calls
|From On-Campus||From Off-Campus|
|To Dial Student Rooms:||8-3999||758-3999|
|To Dial Faculty and Staff:||5-5800||475-5800|
Local (within Rochester local call area)
Dial 9 + 7-digit number
Local calls will be billed automatically to the RIT telephone from which you place the call. Phones with the capability of making local calls will be charged $1.50 per month for local usage.
- Within 585 Area Code: Dial 9 + 7-digit number
- Outside of 585 Area Code: Dial 9 + 1 + area code + 7-digit number
Each long distance call incurs a charge based on the duration of the call and the time of day the call is placed. The distance of the call is an additional factor for toll call charges. (Dialing the "#" sign after dialing will speed up your call.)
Toll-Free (800, 888, or 877)
Dial 9 + 1 + 800 (or 888, 877) + 7-digit number
- Direct Call Dial 9 + 011 + country code + city code + local number + # (allow 45 seconds for the ringer to start)
- Operator-Assisted Dial 9 + 01 + country code + city code + local number + #(wait for a special tone and operator to answer)
- Directory Assistance Dial 9 + 00 (Operator will place 3rd party or credit card calls)
International calls can be dialed directly from RIT administrative and faculty telephones that have long distance capability. To call Canada, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other points in the Atlantic Region, dial the same way as you dial other long distance calls within the United States. Refer to the Frontier White Pages for country codes and city codes, and for time differences from Eastern Standard Time.
Collect, 3rd Party, or Person-To-Person
Use the 800 # or the access code, e.g. 101XXX, that is provided by your long-distance company.
Within the United States Dial 9 + 101XXXX + 0 + area code + phone number + #
International Dial 9 + 101XXX + 0 + 01 + country code + area code +phone number + #
New York State Relay Service
The New York State Relay Service enables both hearing and speech-impaired persons to conveniently communicate by telephone -- TTY to voice or voice to TTY. A Communications Assistant relays conversations between the two parties. This service is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, including holidays.
From a faculty\staff telephone
- TTY: Dial 9 + 5#
- Voice: Dial 9 + 6#
- Note: Pressing the "#" sign speeds the call along, it is optional.
From Residence Hall Rooms
- TTY: Dial 9 + 1 + 800 + 662-1220
- Voice: Dial 9 + 1 + 800 + 421-1220
Note: A Calling Card or a valid credit card are required for long distance calls.
Directory Assistance Dialing
Directory Assistance inquiries are chargeable calls; they include requests for new and changed listings not found in the Frontier directory. All Directory Assistance calls will be charged to the extension from which you place the call.
- Within the Rochester Telephone Area
Dial 9 + 411
- Within the 585 area code but beyond the Rochester call area
Dial 9 + 555-1212
- Beyond the 585 area code
Dial 9 + 1 + area code + 555-1212
- Hearing-impaired individuals with TTY service can call toll-free
Dial 9 + 1 + 800 + 855-1155
- RIT Directories
- Dialing Instructions
- Financial Information
- Managed Network Device Standard
- Moves, Adds & Changes
- Renovations & Projects
- RIT Extension to Cellular User Guide
- RIT Messenger System
- Service Level Guidelines
- Telephone & Repair Services
- Telephone Coordinators
- Student Services
For problems with telecommunications or network performance, connections or other related issues/questions should be directed to the ITS Service Desk 5-5800 and 5-2810 (TTY)