ITS Communications Services provides and maintains AVAYA single and multi- line telephones for rental by departments on campus. We also provide acoustic coupler adapters, long curly and mounting cords, and t-adapters free of charge. We can also provide other equipment such as volume control handsets, speakerphones, and headsets. Please call the ITS Service Desk at x5-5800 to discuss equipment needs.
ITS Communications Services has a selection of single line and multi-line telephones available.
Single line sets, formerly called Analog sets, are a basic telephone and have only one incoming line. The 6220 and the 8110 are analog sets with built in speakerphones.
We offer 3 models of Multi-line sets, formerly Digital telephones.
1. The 6408D is a digital multi-line set with a built in display and a 2-way speakerphone.
2. The 6416D has multi-line capability, 16-feature buttons for hold, transfer and conference. It can be programmed by our staff to have busy or coverage buttons and other one touch feature buttons.
3. The 6424D is a large 24-button multi-line set with a large display readout to identify incoming calls. This set is generally used in areas that receive a high volume of phone calls.
Each of the digital sets can be customized to meet your department's needs. Please call the ITS Service Desk at x5-5800 to arrange a consultation or to review the current configuration of your phone.
Headsets are available for both analog and digital telephones. For people who are on the phone quite a bit, headsets are convenient way to talk and to also have your hands free for other related tasks. Headsets are lightweight and comfortable. There are choices as to the style of earpiece.
Headsets are available for purchase. To arrange to try out a headset or to obtain more information and pricing about the available headsets styles, call the ITS Service Desk at x5-5800.
Classrooms that are available for scheduling through the Registrar have activated telephone lines that allow on campus calling only. You may place off campus calls with an authorization code. Also, classroom jacks in need of repair are serviced the same way as office telephones; users can contact the ITS Service Desk at 5-5800 to report damage or malfunctions.
Telephones on campus have varied service capabilities. Many in public areas such as classrooms, laboratories, and even some offices have restricted access. Staff and faculty members may place calls from an otherwise restricted telephone and\or have access to computer networks through the ITS modem pool through Authorization Codes. To obtain an authorization code:
1. Send a Service Request to the ITS Service Desk through interoffice mail requesting this feature. The memo should be signed by the department head. It should also include the name of the individual, the phone number which will be charged for the calls and the department account number.
2. Allow two weeks for notification that the authorization code is in effect.
For additional information, contact the ITS Service Desk at x5-5800.
- RIT Directories
- Dialing Instructions
- Financial Information
- Managed Network Device Standard
- Moves, Adds & Changes
- Renovations & Projects
- RIT Extension to Cellular User Guide
- RIT Messenger System
- Service Level Guidelines
- Telephone & Repair Services
- Telephone Coordinators
- Student Services
For problems with telecommunications or network performance, connections or other related issues/questions should be directed to the ITS Service Desk 5-5800 and 5-2810 (TTY)