The table below provides the static rules to govern the establishment of service levels in a dynamic manner for customer requests within Network Communications. This table contains five elements, which are defined as follows:
- Priority – The level of importance of a request.
- Criteria – Factors to access to be classified in a particular priority.
- Response – Time when Network Communications will respond with a timeframe for resolution. Non-priority 1 notifications occur during business hours.
- Notification – Length of time before a status update is communicated.
- Resolution – Target time to resolve request in a particular category.
|1||Mission critical impact ' Large group or Institute area down with no alternative to conduct business. Multiple user outage or critical project timeline impact||Will respond within 1 hour to notify user that case is being reviewed||Will provide notification at case completion. NetCom will also notify user of all major changes in the expected timeline||Immediate attention till resolved. Within 24 hours|
|2||Non-mission critical impact ' Non-mission critical Institute area down with no alternative to conduct business or mission critical outage with alternative||Will respond within 2 business hours to notify user that case is being reviewed||Will provide notification at case completion. NETCOM will also notify user of all major changes in the expected timeline||Resolved within 48 hours|
|3||Single user issue - no circumvention available||Will respond within 1 business day to notify user that the case is being reviewed||Will provide notification at case completion. NETCOM will also notify user of all major changes in the expected timeline||Resolved by end of 3rd business day|
|4||Single user issue - circumvention available||Will respond within 2 business day to notify user that case is being reviewed||Will provide notification at case completion. NETCOM will also notify user of all major changes in the expected timeline||Resolved by end of 1 business week|
|5||Enhancement or new service / feature request||Will respond within 3 business days to notify user that case is being reviewed||As determined by project plan||As stated in project plan|
- Business hours are considered to be from 8:00am to 5:00pm Mondays through Fridays, on non-holidays.
- If a caller calls in to report a Critical problem, the caller is expected to provide contact information and remain available (or provide a backup) to work with Network Communications until the problem is resolved. If the caller is no longer available, Network Communications reserves the right to reduce the priority of the call to a Schedule priority.
- Requests for escalation of priority 2-5 issues will be directed to Associate Director of Operations; David Pecora, and/or the Manager of Network Communications; Greg Gardner.
For problems with telecommunications or network performance, connections or other related issues/questions should be directed to the ITS Service Desk at x5-4357.