This tutorial will walk you through every step of connecting to RIT's WPA2 Enterprise network on Windows 7.
1) First, get into the Network and Sharing Center. You can get here from the Control Panel, or by right-clicking the connection icon in your System Tray (by the clock, on the right hand side by default). Once you get into the Network and Sharing Center, click on "Manage Wireless Networks"
2) If you have a network named "ritwpa2" in the list of networks, click on it and choose "Remove" from the menu above the list. You should also remove the "rit" and "ritwpa" networks if they are listed.
3) Now, click on "Add" from the menu above the list.
4) Choose "Manually create a network profile".
5) Enter "ritwpa2" for the network name, and choose "WPA2 - Enterprise" for the security type. Leave everything else alone. Click the "Next" button on the bottom.
6) Click on "Change connection settings".
7) In the window that comes up, click on the "Security" tab.
8) Click on the "Settings" button near the middle of the window, on the right hand side.
9) Check the box for "Connect to these servers:" and input "radius.rit.edu" in the text box below. Check the box below that for "Entrust.net Secure Server Certificate Authority", then click on the "Configure..." button below.
10) In the window that pops up, uncheck the box, then click "OK".
11) Click "OK" on the Protected EAP Properties window.
12) Click on "Advanced Settings" at the bottom of the ritwpa2 Wireless Network Properties window.
13) Check the box for "Specify authentication mode:", then choose "User authentication" from the drop-down box, and click "Save Credentials" next to it.
14) Enter your username and password into the window that pops up, then click "OK".
15) Click "OK" on the Advanced Settings window.
16) Click on "OK" at the bottom of the ritwpa2 Wireless Network Properties window.
17) Click on "Close" at the bottom of the ritwpa2 Wireless Network Properties window.
If you have any issues during this process, please contact the ITS Service Desk via phone at (585) 475-4357, via email at email@example.com, or stop by our office in Gannett Hall, room 7B-1113.