The Kate Gleason College of Engineering at RIT is the nation’s premier career-oriented college of engineering. Students are well prepared for to be immediately valuable contributors to their employers or to go on to graduate school
Fall 2012 Enrollment
Total headcount is 3,015 up from 2,791 in 2011, 7.2% growth
Undergraduate Students 2458 (497 female)
Graduate Students 557 (100 female)
Students (excludes international programs such as Dubai)
- The middle 50% of accepted engineering students scored between 1780 and 2030 on the SAT.
- Energizing, innovative students who collectively create a vibrant campus community-learn more at Engineering Student Organizations
- Average class size is 36
- Study abroad opportunities will maintaining progress towards degree
- An honors program that offers selected students in depth learning about product innovations for a global society
- A first to second year retention rate over 95%
- An award winning Formula SAE Team – list awards for last five years, link to their site.
- 132 Hispanic, 155 Asian, 70 African-American, 42 mixed race, 1865 white, 310 unknown, 414 international, 3 American Indian, 26 Deaf/Hard of Hearing. 9.9% AALANA with steady increase from fall 2007 where it was 7.1%
Faculty & Staff
- KGCOE faculty are passionate about engineering and focused on student success. Faculty are approachable and engaged in teaching.
- Over 90% hold a doctorate degree and many hold one or more patents.
- RIT's cooperative education program is the 4th oldest and 5th largest in the world; with over 2000 co-op placements for engineering students at 500 different companies each year. Our Co-op Education and Career Services Office maintains solid relationships with our industry partners and provides our students with superior advice and mentoring on obtaining co-ops and permanent positions after graduation.
- Our Student Services office provides academic advising for engineering exploration students and counseling for all engineering students who seek it. They help students find the resources they need to be successful.
- Extraordinary "Women in Engineering" program that is nationally recognized for its success in attracting and retaining women students-learn more at WE@RIT
- Outstanding, high tech facilities, expanded labs for true hands-on experiences
- The largest and most well equipped micro-fab clean room facility in the nation for undergraduate education
- Industry-standard CAD and CAM software tools for design and analysis
- State-of-the-art classroom technology and an Engineering Learning Center, staffed with tutors, to help students achieve their very best
- Wifi throughout the engineering complex
KGCOE faculty are actively engaged in a variety of research areas: (this could link to our new research page on our site)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Fuel Cell
- Thermal Dynamics