Advanced Certificate in Lean Six Sigma
Dr. Peter Bajorski, Graduate Program Chair
(585) 475-7889, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Ziebarth, Graduate Coordinator
(585) 475-2033, email@example.com
The advanced certificate in lean six sigma is aimed primarily at quality engineers, other engineers, process-improvement facilitators, or those who aspire to such positions.
Lean six sigma, advanced certificate, typical course sequence:
Sem. Cr. Hrs.
Lean Six Sigma Fundamentals
Statistical Quality Control
Designing Experiments for Process Improvement
Lean Six Sigma Project*
Total Credit Hours
* Requires an approved Lean Six-Sigma project at the students’ organization or, alternatively, at an organization that will sponsor the student
To be considered for admission to the advanced certificate in statistical quality, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution (3.0 GPA strongly recommended),
- Have a satisfactory background in mathematics, and in statistics (at least one course in probability and statistics)
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work,
- Submit two letters of recommendation,
- Submit a current resume, and
- Complete a graduate application.
GRE’s are not required, but may be beneficial for some students.
International students may require additional English language testing or classes for students who do not meet the minimum required English Language test scores. The minimum TOEFL ibt score for graduate study is 80. The minimum IELTS band score is 6.5 for graduate study.
Students should have basic familiarity with MINITAB statistical software. This may be obtained by self-study; or through short courses.
Six Sigma Black Belt
Students may earn a Six-Sigma Black Belt while or after obtaining the advanced certificate by successfully completing the approved Lean Six-Sigma project from the CQAS-683 course.
Grades and maximum time limit
Students must maintain an overall program grade-point average of 3.0 (B) for graduation. Course work must be completed within seven years. More details on these requirements may be found in these graduation requirements.