SAS Analytics U
What is it? Why all the excitement? SAS Analytics U is a comprehensive program for academia that offers professors and students at colleges, universities and community colleges around the world access to SAS® software, including new options at no cost.
But that’s not all. Professors and students will be able to access and deploy software easier and faster than ever.
And access to software is just the beginning. SAS Analytics U also offers a variety of other resources and ways to connect with fellow SAS analytics users in academia.
- SAS OnDemand for Academics (version 2.0 available in July 2014): Enhanced to include simplified registration, a direct file upload in the browser, and the latest version of SAS Studio (formerly SAS Web Editor). Click here to learn more.
- Social Media: New SAS Analytics U Facebook page and YouTube playlist. Be on the lookout for future social media channels such as Twitter and LinkedIn to help you stay connected.
- Online, Interactive Community: Our users community for academia is designed specifically for professors and students to support both teaching and learning. You can interact with fellow SAS analytics users, share ideas and access SAS resources. Click here to check it out!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What products are offered in the SAS® University Edition software package?
- Base SAS®
- SAS/ACCESS® Interface to PC Files
- SAS Studio®
2. How is SAS University Edition software different from SAS OnDemand for Academics?
Click here to review the product comparison matrix and complete list of products and
3. When will SAS University Edition software be available?
4. What are the new enhancements to SAS OnDemand for Academics 2.0?
- Simplified registration process.
- Access to the latest versions of available software, including SAS Studio (formerly SAS Web Editor).
- Easier data upload capabilities.
5. When will the new version of SAS OnDemand for Academics be available?
6. Will the SAS University Edition software be available outside of the US?
Yes, it will be available globally in May 2014.
7. Will software be available for adult learners?
Both SAS University Edition software and SAS OnDemand for Academics will be available to anyone, inside or outside higher education, for learning or academic research. It cannot be used for commercial purposes.