In addition to supporting graduate and undergraduate classes, the activities in the Toyota Production Systems Lab have been delivered to audiences of all ages. We firmly believe that is never too early to start exposing young minds to the concepts of teamwork, problem solving and process improvement.
The lab develops and supports activities such as:
- K-12 camps
- WE@RIT (Women in Engineering summer camps for middle school students)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) outreach events
- College and Careers (exploratory visits for high schools students)
- Imagine RIT (RIT’s Annual innovation Festival)
- WE’re in Motion (program for incoming women students into the Kate Gleason College of Engineering)
- International 2-week summer programs (Turkey, Venezuela and the Dominican Republic)
- Tours for professional societies and senior chapters (IIE, Rimes, etc.)
On average, the lab hosts over 160 matriculated students (undergraduate and graduate), approximately 80 K-12 participants, and over 30 international summer students every year.
Additionally, in a typical year, the lab welcomes over 500 visitors who are interested in our instructional techniques and laboratory setup and exercises. Please contact us if you would like to schedule a visit to our facilities.