All KGCOE students are required to complete co-operative education work experiences as an integral part of their BS degree. Please see the chapter on Cooperative Education for full details about this aspect of the degree. Students must complete nominally one year of co-operative education work experience as a degree requirement. Students are scheduled for four semesters of co-op, to achieve at least 48 weeks of work experience. Many students exceed the one year minimum requirement.
General Requirements For BS Degree Certification
- Successful completion of all required courses of the Institute and College, including cooperative education, activity or wellness courses, earning a minimum of 195 quarter credit hours or 129 semester credit hours (or an equivalent combination thereof).
- Students must also pass the KGCOE writing requirement.
- Full payment or satisfactory adjustment of all financial obligations.
- A minimum Program Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.00 (a 'C' average).
- A minimum of 30 semester credits shall be successfully completed in residence at the Institute. If the student has successfully completed the residence requirement, a petition may be submitted to the Dean to study 10 semester credit hours in absence in the final year of the degree. At minimum, 20 of the final 30 semster credit hours are to be completed in residence.
To learn more about our Cooperative Education here at RIT please visit,