To be considered for admission to the doctorate program in microsystems engineering, candidates must complete a graduate application and fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university in the physical sciences or engineering.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) from all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher and (if applicable) a graduate GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores, with minimum requirements of 156 Verbal, 156 Quantitative and 3.5 Writing.
- Submit a minimum of three letters of reference from individuals well qualified to judge the candidate's ability for graduate study.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).