.......Donald received his B.S. in electrical engineering from Brigham Young University in 2004. He then went on to receive his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Texas A&M University in 2010. While at Texas A&M his research principally focused on dynamic control of integrated optical ring resonators for RF photonic and laser radar applications. His research interests continue to be refractive index changing effects for dynamic control of integrated optical devices.
• Adams, D. B., and Madsen, C. K., “All-optical pulse compression with integrated ring resonators for laser radar applications” (in preparation).
• Adams, D. B., Snider, W. T., and Madsen, C. K., “NLFM waveform generation using tunable integrated optical ring resonators: simulation and proof of concept experiment” Optics Express, Vol. 18, Issue 12, pp. 12537-12542, 2010.
• Adams, D. B., Madsen, C. K., “A novel broadband photonic RF phase shifter,” Lightwave Technology, Journal of, vol. 26, pp. 2712–2717, 2008.
• Adams, D. B., Madsen, C. K., “Complex optical spectrum analysis using a tunable dispersive optical filter,” Photonics Technology Letters, IEEE, vol. 20, pp. 90–92, 2008.
• Solmaz, M. E.; Adams, D. B.; Grover, S.; Tan, W.-C.; Xia, X.; Eknoyan, O.; Madsen, C. K.; “First demonstration of an As2S3-on-LiNbO3 ring resonator”; OFC 2009. Conference on, Mar. 2009, pp. 1-3..
• Solmaz, M. E., Adams, D. B., Grover, S., Tan, W., Xia, X., Eknoyan, O., Madsen, C. K., “Compact bends for achieving higher integration densities for LiNbO3,” Waveguides Photonics Technology Letters, IEEE: vol. 21, pp. 557–559, 2009.
Conference Papers, Posters and Presentations:
• Adams, D. B., Snider, W. T., and Madsen, C. K., “A novel NLFM waveform generator using tunable integrated optical ring resonators: simulation and proof of concept experiment,” Proc. SPIE, Vol. 7684, 2010.
• Adams, D. B., Madsen, C. K., “Agile LADAR waveforms via. integrated optic platform,” Presented at Minority Leaders Program Review, Dayton, OH. 2010
• Adams, D. B., Madsen, C. K., “High resolution optical phase response measurement using single sideband modulation,” OFC/NFOEC 2008, Conference on, pp. 1-3, 2008.