.......Karthik earned his BE from the University of Mumbai, followed by a MS in Optics from University of Central Florida where he studied Surface Plasmon Refraction. He is currently pursuing his doctoral studies where his research involves materials and systems for enabling on-chip optical computation.
• Karthik Narayanan and Stefan F. Preble, "Optical nonlinearities in hydrogenated-amorphous silicon waveguides," Opt. Express 18, 9, 8998-9005 (2010). [PDF]
• Karthik Narayanan, Ali W. Elshaari, and Stefan F. Preble, "Broadband all-optical modulation in hydrogenated-amorphous silicon waveguides," Opt. Express 18, 10, 9809-9814 (2010). [PDF]
• Karthik Narayanan and Stefan F. Preble, "Generation of amplitude-shift-keying optical signals using silicon microring resonators," Opt. Express 18, 5015-5020 (2010). [PDF]
• Karthik Narayanan, Stefan F. Preble, Zhaolin Lu, Mustafa A. G. Abushagur, “Optical Multi-level Logic on a Silicon Chip”, Frontiers in Optics, Oct 2008. [PDF]
• Karthik Narayanan, Zhaolin Lu, Stefan F. Preble and Mustafa A. G. Abushagur, “High Noise Rejection Filter Using Complementary Ring Resonators on Silicon-on-Insulator”, Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO) , May 2008. [PDF]