Sergey Edward Lyshevski received M.S. and Ph.D. from Kiev Polytechnic Institute, Ukraine, both in Electrical Engineering. From 1980 to 1993 Dr. Lyshevski held faculty positions at the Department of Electrical Engineering at Kiev Polytechnic Institute and the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. From 1989 to 1991 he was the Microelectronic and Electromechanical Systems Division Head at the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. From 1992 to 2002 he was with Purdue School of Engineering as an Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering. In 2002, Dr. Lyshevski joined Rochester Institute of Technology as a professor of Electrical Engineering.
Dr. Lyshevski served as the Full Professor at the Air Force Research Laboratories, and, the Senior Faculty Fellow at the US Surface and Undersea Naval Warfare Centers. He is the author and co-author of 16 books and more than 300 journal articles, handbook chapters and regular conference papers. His current research activities are in the areas of microsystems, nanotechnology, molecular processing, MEMS and systems informatics. He has made a significant contribution in design, analysis, optimization and implementation of advanced aerospace, automotive, electromechanical and naval systems. Dr. Lyshevski made more than 30 keynote talks and invited presentations nationally and internationally.
A list of his published books:
1. S. Yanushkevich, V. Shmerko and S. E. Lyshevski, Computer Arithmentics for Nanoelectronics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2009.
2. V. Giurgiutiu and S. E. Lyshevski, Micromechatronics: Modeling, Analysis, and Design With MATLAB®, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2009.
3. S. E. Lyshevski, Electromechanical Systems and Devices, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2008.
4. S. E. Lyshevski, Molecular Electronics, Circuits and Processing Platforms, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2007.
5 S. E. Lyshevski, Nano- and Micro-Electromechanical Systems: Fundamental of Micro- and Nano- Engineering, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2005.
6. S. Yanushkevich, V. Shmerko and S. E. Lyshevski, Logic Design of Nano-ICs, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2005.
7. S. E. Lyshevski, MEMS and NEMS: Systems, Devices, and Structures, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2002.