Tutoring & Mentoring
Tutoring and mentoring services are available year round. Advisors in the Kate Gleason College of Engineering and elsewhere at RIT can help you with high school-college transition issues, discover your own learning style, and develop study skills that will optimize your program of study. Tutors are available for every area of study.
- Engineering Tutoring: If you are struggling in an engineering class please visit your professor during their office hours or contact them to arrange a convenient time. Each of the engineering programs offers tutoring on their undergraduate courses as follows:
- Biomedical Engineering: If you are struggling with a class, please contact Renee Milliken or stop in the department office INS-3101 and she will identify your needs and provide you with resources.
- Chemical Engineering: If you are struggling with a class, please contact Jen Kamish or stop in the department office INS 2101 and she will identify your needs and provide you with resources.
- Computer Engineering: The CE department will offer tutoring for CMPE 160, CMPE 250, and CMPE 260. The tutoring schedule will be posted outside of Computer Engineering Mentoring Lab (GLE-3452). For details, please consult with the Computer Engineering Advising team , or Lab Manager, Mr. Rick Tolleson.
- Electrical & Microelectronic Engineering: The tutoring schedule will be posted on the department website and the bulletin board near student mail folders. The tutoring location is in Erdle Commons GLE 1st floor in the cubicle closest to the vending room in Erdle commons, north side of Erdle Commons.
|Electrical Engineering Tutoring||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday|
|Vashti Green||2-4 PM||2-4 PM||9-10 AM & 2-3 PM||9-11 AM||2-4 PM|
- Industrial & Systems Engineering: The ISE Department will offer tutoring for most ISEE undergraduate courses, as well as STAT 251 in GLE 1562 (ISE break room). If you are struggling with a class, please contact Amy Powell or a member of the advising team and they will help identify your needs and provide you with resources.
- Mechanical Engineering The tutoring schedule will be posted on the department website and the bulletin board near student mail folders. The tutoring location in in Erdle Commons GLE 1st floor in the cubicle closest to the Gosnell building, south side in Erdle commons.
|Mechanical Engineering Tutoring||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday|
|11:00 am - noon||Ben||Deven||Solomiya||Deven||Solomiya|
|noon - 1:00 pm||Ben||Deven||Solomiya||Deven||Ben|
|1:00 - 1:30 pm||Ben||Emily||Solomiya||Deven||Ben|
|1:30 - 2:00 pm||Ben||Emily||Zack||Deven||Ben|
|2:00 - 3:00 pm||Zack||Emily||Zack||Sydney||Ben|
|3:00 - 4:00 pm||Zack||Emily||Zack||Sydney||Ben|
For help in other areas click on the links below to get the most up-to-date schedules.
The Academic Support Center - A good place to start to find most of your tutoring needs
Student Learning, Support & Assessment - This site is your virtual guide to navigate student learning support services at RIT. Whether you are a student, parent, advisor, faculty member or other interested person, this site is designed to help you sort through the various programs and services offered at RIT to support students as they move toward graduation. Check out their video about services too, click on the center image with the arrow on this link.
Chemistry – Find help at: Academic Support Center
Computer Engineering Mentoring Lab – Gleason Building (09-3452) If you need Computer Engineering Mentoring contact: Rick Tolleson in 09/3411, at email@example.com or at 585-475-5056
Math/Statistics - Find help at: Academic Support Center
Physics - Find help at: Academic Support Center
Computer Science Tutoring Center: CS Student Center.
There is also a Software Engineering SSE lab. Open from 10am-6pm, Monday through Friday in 70-1670.
Residence Hall Math and Physics Drop In: ASC Math and Physics Tutoring