A great education is just the beginning
Every RIT graduate is a life-long member of a very impressive group: the RIT Alumni Network.
Members include engineers, CEOs, entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, artists, TV personalities, Pulitzer prize winners, teachers, photographers, movie makers, educators, politicians, authors, scientists, soldiers, pilots, builders, bakers and candlestick makers. Every issue of this magazine tells their stories; there’s never a shortage of interesting alumni pursuing their dreams and making important contributions.
Alumni can choose to be as involved with the network – and with RIT – as they wish. Every year, the Office of Alumni Relations offers more reason to stay connected.
The programs and benefits available to alumni are numerous; more information
is available at www.rit.edu/alumni. For starters, here’s a partial list:
- Regional, NTID and International alumni chapters: Located in metropolitan areas, these groups organize activities open to alumni in the area. For more about scheduled events, go to www.rit.edu/alumniactivities.
- Online Community: To date, more than 17,000 alumni have joined this secure, password-protected community. Membership is free of charge. The Online Community allow members to update their addresses, submit and read online Class Notes, search for other RIT grads, obtain a special e-mail address (email@example.com), search the Tiger Business Pages, access library research databases, and receive RIT news. (www.rit.edu/alumninetwork)
- Electronic newsletter, The Tiger’s Tale: This free, award-winning electronic publication is delivered monthly. (www.alumniconnections.com/rit)
- Career services: Alumni have access to the facilities of RIT’s Office of Co-op and Career Services, including alumni contacts, job search resources, job postings, on-campus interviews and job fairs, resume forwarding to employers, career counseling and salary data. (www.rit.edu/alumninetwork)
- Online giving: Financial support of RIT strengthens the university, which, in turn, increases the value of an RIT degree. (www.rit.edu/giving)
- Travel program: Numerous group travel experiences are offered every year. (www.rit.edu/alumni, click on “Activities”)
- Travel booking: Alumni Network members can book personal or business travel through a new online service. (www.rittravelclub.com)
- Admissions voucher: Alumni can give a fee-waived undergrad admissions application to a prospective student. (www.rit.edu/alumninetwork)
- Athletic facilities: Alumni, spouses and dependents can use the Gordon Field House and Activities Center, Hale-Andrews Student Life Center, Judson and Hale pools, Ritter Arena, tennis courts, nature trails and other facilities. (For fees and information, call 585-475-2620)