|The 2005 Hospitality and Service
Management Alumni Society award winners are, from left:
Nina Skuric, Marvin Deitz, Diane Sommers, Hope Gates,
Kevin Barton, Liz Bonis and Keith Wolling.
The Hospitality and Service Management Alumni Society held it’s 21st annual awards dinner on Thursday, Oct. 6. This year’s recipients are:
• Sarah Margaret Gilliam Memorial
Award: Keith Wolling ’75 (B.S. food service administration), vice president, Remington Hotel Corporation, and general manager, Sheraton World Resort, Orlando, Fla.
• Dr. Richard Marecki Memorial Award:
Marvin Deitz ’99 (M.S., service management ), channel marketing manager, Food Services Division, Rich Products, Buffalo.
• Dr. Paul Kazmierski Memorial
Award: Hope Gates ’97 (B.S., food management), manager of training and development, Wegmans Food Markets, Princeton, N.J.
• Excellence in Health Award in
Memory of Thomas McCaffrey: Liz Bonis ’88 (B.S., dietetics and nutrition) MS, RD, CPT, CDE, health and lifestyle reporter, Clear Channel, Cincinnati, Ohio.
• Entrepreneurial Award: Kevin Barton ’03 (B.S., hotel and resort management), purchasing manager, Renaissance Del Monte Lodge, Pittsford, N.Y., and owner, O’Callaghan’s Pub, Rochester.
• International Award of Excellence:
Nina Skuric ’99 (M.S., tourism management), corporate relations and professional development manager, American College of Management and Technology (ACMT), Dubrovnik, Croatia.
• Special Service Award: Diane Sommers, administrative liaison, RIT.
The Hospitality and Service Management Alumni Society meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 a.m. at the RIT Inn and Conference Center, 5257 West Henrietta Road, Rochester.
Interested in joining? Contact Catherine Bement at 585-475-4975 or email@example.com. For information, visit www.rit.edu/academics, click on Colleges of RIT, click on Hospitality and Service Management, then Alumni Society.