|A visit to Kilkenny Castle was one of many
highlights of a July trip to Ireland sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations.
The Office of Alumni Relations offers a travel program open to graduates, friends and other members of the RIT family. For more information, call Barbara Carney at 585-475-2959, send e-mail to email@example.com. To find more information online, go to www.rit.edu/alumniactivities and click on Travel Program.
Coming up in 2007 are these trips:
• Chianti in a Tuscan Villa, April 15-23, 2007. The itinerary includes the hills of Italy’s region of Tuscany, with stops in Chianti, Pisa, Siena and Florence.
• Scotland – The Highlands and Edinburgh, June 28-July 9, 2007. The group will visit Stirling with its Wallace Monument, Bannockburn battlefield, Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, Glasgow, the Isle of Skye and much more.
• San Francisco and Napa Valley, July 19026, 2007. Explore the city by the bay, including its fabled Chinatown. Then tour the famed winemaking region with private tours and tastings and time for discussions with vineyard experts.
• Italian Riviera, Sept. 8-16, 2007. This trip includes stops at the seaside village of Sestri Levante, Santa Margherita, a cruise to Portofino and its impressive Punta del Capo lighthouse. Genoa, Portovenere, Vernazza, Riomaggiore and Manarola are also on the itinerary, with time out for a review of the art of marble sculpture in Carrara. Finally, the group will explore the beautiful 16th-century mansion Villa Torrigiani and the ancient walled city of Lucca.
• National Parks Tour, Sept. 23-Oct. 5, 2007. Visit Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Grand Teton and Yellowstone national parks, with stops at other noted locations including Salt Lake City and Mount Rushmore.