- These are the materials used in workshops for training SLPI:ASL evaluators.
- Basic information about assessment principles used in the SLPI:ASL is in Section 1.
- The forms, instructions and sample documents used in the interview and rating processes are in Sections 3A through 4B.
Section 1. Workshop Goal and Principles, Materials, and Procedures (pdf)
Section 3B: SLPI:ASL Rating and Sharing of Results
Section 4A: Sample SLPI:ASL Rater Worksheets
Section 4B. Guidelines for Completing SLPI:ASL Rater Worksheets Worksheets (pdf)
Section 5. Skills Important for Effective Sign Language Communication and SLPI:ASL Rating Levels (pdf)
Section 6. ASL Grammar (pdf)
Section 8. Selected Readings for the SLPI:ASL (doc)
Section 9. Suggested Documents for Programs Using the SLPI:ASL
- Staff/Employee Sign Language Communication Philosophy and Policy or Interim Plan for SLPI Use
- Procedures for Implementing Staff/Employee Sign Language Program and Philosophy and Policy
- Student Teacher and/or Intern Applicant Sign Language Policy and Procedures
- Community/External Group Sign Language Services Policy and Procedures
- Sign Language Program Reports
Section 10. Connecting ASL Instruction and the SLPI:ASL (pdf)