Send Me Information
Call for Papers
View Fact Sheet
The objective of the Symposium is to provide a forum for educators supporting deaf and hard of hearing learners to disseminate information relative to current and future innovations and developments in the use of educational media and technology in the teaching/learning process. Additionally, pre-conference workshops will provide participants with sophisticated, hands-on training on the use of instructional technology in deaf education.
The Symposium will offer a diverse program with a good mix of K-12, postsecondary and international representation on the program and in participation.
This symposium will build upon the success of the June 2001 Symposium held at NTID. The 2001 Symposium Proceedings and Recommendations Report, along with other Symposium materials are available at the Symposium Web site: http://www.rit.edu/ntid/vp/techsym/. The June 2003 Symposium will be even better!
- GOAL OF SYMPOSIUM The Symposium will disseminate information relative to current innovation and future
developments in the use of instructional technology and educational media to support the teaching/learning process. It
will provide a forum for the presentation of current state-of-the-art practice and research for educators of the deaf,
in K-12 and postsecondary settings from the US and international organizations serving deaf individuals.
- SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM The program will feature plenary speakers, concurrent formal presentation sessions, poster
sessions, and participant discussion groups to help formulate recommendations on future directions of instructional
technology and deaf education. 4 topic strands will be announced shortly.
- PRE-SYMPOSIUM WORKSHOPS Full day, hands-on Technology "Teacher Studio" Workshops will
be offered on June 23 and 24, 2003. They will be taught by NTID faculty/staff or by K-12 partners from co-sponsoring
schools and supported by NTID Faculty and Professional Staff.
- FACT SHEET More details on the Symposium
- MORE INFORMATION: E. William Clymer, Symposium Coordinator, email@example.com