Welcome to the Ombuds Office at RIT!
The Ombuds Office is a resource open to assist any member of the RIT community seeking assistance with conflict management and conflict resolution.
The Ombuds Office is staffed by the RIT Ombudsperson ("om-budz-per-sen"), Lee Twyman and Senior Staff Assistant Mike Cross. We are located in the RIT Student Alumni Union (SAU) RITreat, rooms 1110 and 1114. The Ombudsperson provides the following services:
- Assistance to individuals resolving and managing conflicts, disputes, or concerns
- Facilitation of dispute resolution processes through information gathering, informal mediation, and/or negotiation
- To identify problematic university policies or procedures and/or recurring campus problems, and report these to people who can resolve them
- To support fair treatment and fair process
Hallmarks of the Ombuds Office
The Ombuds Office is a confidential*, neutral, informal and independent conflict resolution and management resource. Ombuds Office practices and procedures are guided by the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics established by the International Ombudsman Association (IOA).
Please contact us anytime for information or assistance,
Lee Twyman, RIT Ombudsperson
(585) 475-2876 or (585) 475-7200
*The limitation to confidentiality is when someone discloses intent to harm one’s self or others.