March 23 - April 3
Tuesday, March 24, 10 am
- Online Registration for the Spring Term Begins
Thursday, March 19th, 12:15 – 1:30pm
- Pfaudler Lecture Series: The MuCCC-maker by Doug Rice, city real estate investor, founder of "Art Walk" and creator and developer of MuCCC in Classroom #3/4
Friday, March 27th, 2pm
- Osher Arts & Lectures presents PUSH Physical Theatre: If you haven’t already signed up to attend our FREE upcoming event, do so today. You won’t want to miss these award-winning performers’ awe-inspiring physical illusions and gravity-defying, dance-infused, acrobatic high-jinx at NTID’s Panara Theatre on the RIT campus. A Q&A session and reception will follow the performance.
Friday, April 10th, 2pm
- Osher Annual Meeting: Our annual meeting recognizes outgoing and incoming council chairpersons, highlights the year’s accomplishments, and reviews our financials. If you can’t attend, please fill out and submit a proxy form, located in the lounge area, as we need a quorum for this meeting. Following the business portion of the meeting, RIT President Dr. Bill Destler will be our special guest, presenting Greatness Through Difference, RIT’s 2015-25 strategic plan.
Important to Know:
- Ride-share Board: Need a ride to Osher? Can you provide rides for other members? Let staff know and we can post the info on our Ride-share Board, located in the hallway by the copier room.
- Add / Drop Forms: Members can add or drop a class at any time during the term by filling out an Add/Drop form, found on the table in the lobby by the bulletin boards near the women’s restroom, and also in the new bins just inside the door of each classroom.
- Osher Calendar is Online: All Osher meetings, term dates, one-sessions, Pfaudlers, and more events are always current on our online calendar at osher.rit.edu/calendar.
- In Case of Emergency: Please note that Emergency Action instruction signs are posted throughout the building, including in each classroom. If needed, an AED is located in the kitchen near the closet doors.
- Housekeeping: Please silence your cell phones & cover your coffee cups! At the request of Rivers Run, please do not park in front of their main entrance, and take your lunch break in the Osher-designated area of the dining room (the tables without tablecloths). Please be considerate and don’t use the chairs reserved for the mobility-impaired members who need them. Thank you!
Sp03M The History of New England in the Colonial Era
Sp08M Art of the Italian Renaissance: Selected Artists
Sp09M Modern Architecture: 1900-2014
Sp21T The US Constitution: Past and Present Controversies
Sp23T Great Decisions: The US and World Affairs
Sp25T The Origin and Evolution of Life on Earth
Sp30W Flickstory: Presidential Decisions
Sp33W Our Founding Mothers
Sp38W Rise and Fall of the Ottoman Empire: 600 Years in Five Weeks
Sp43Th You Be the Critic: A Film Discussion Group