Spring Week 8
May 25 - 29
Monday, May 25th
- Memorial Day – Osher will be closed.
Thursday, May 21st, 12:15 – 1:30pm
- Pfaudler Lecture Series: What's Happening at the Genesee Country Village and Museum? in Classroom #3/4, presented by Alan J. Braun, director of development, and Patricia Tice, curator of the John L. Wehle Gallery at GCV&M.
Monday, June 1st, 11:15am – 12:45pm
- One-Session: Neanderthals Were Ignorant Proto-Humans... Or Were They?, presented by Bob Vukosic, in Classroom #2
Thursday, June 4th, 12:15 – 1:30pm
- Pfaudler Lecture Series: Social Connections, Health, and Aging, in Classroom #3/4, presented by Kim Van Orden, Ph.D., assistant professor at the U of R School of Medicine and Dentistry.
Friday, June 12th
- Summer Picnic: Osher Jamboree! – Mark your calendars for our annual picnic at the Roundhouse Pavilion in Genesee Valley Park. It’s going to be a blast! For only $17, enjoy an afternoon of great music, square & line dancing, games & prizes, a raffle, and delicious food by Guiseppe’s: roasted chicken, roasted potatoes, sausage/peppers/onions, baked ziti, salad/rolls/butter, cookies, and drinks. Guests are welcome - bring your family! Sign-up sheets are in the Osher lobby.
Monday, June 15th
- Last Day for Monday Courses – Due to Osher being closed for the Memorial Day holiday, the last day of class for Monday courses will be June 15th.
- Fall Course Proposals Due!!
Tuesday, June 16th
- New Member Luncheon – If you joined Osher in Winter or Spring 2015, mark your calendars for our new member luncheon on 6/16 at noon in the Rivers Run Dining Room. More details to follow.
Tuesday, June 23rd
- Summer Course Registration – Opens at 10 am.
Important to Know:
- Please use the microphones! The Listen system can be used by anyone (not just those with hearing aids!) – think of it as “individual volume control.” However, the system can’t work for you and your fellow classmates if you don’t use the microphones! Please be considerate and make sure to pass the mic in class. Thanks!
- Classroom Safety: Safety is the number one responsibility of each Osher member whether or not we use canes, walkers, wheelchairs, or any other mobility assisting devices. Please be sure all of your appliances or other personal belongings are not blocking doorways or aisles. If you move your chair into an aisle, please move it back. Please do not add chairs to the open space in the back of Classrooms 3 & 4. Thanks.
- Ride-share Board: Need a ride to Osher? Can you provide rides for other members? Let staff know and we can post the info on our Ride-share Board, located in the hallway by the copier room.
- Add / Drop Forms: Members can add or drop a class at any time during the term by filling out an Add/Drop form, found on the table in the lobby by the bulletin boards near the women’s restroom, and also in the new bins just inside the door of each classroom.
- Osher Calendar is Online: All Osher meetings, term dates, one-sessions, Pfaudlers, and more events are always current on our online calendar at osher.rit.edu/calendar.
- In Case of Emergency: Please note that Emergency Action instruction signs are posted throughout the building, including in each classroom. If needed, an AED is located in the kitchen near the closet doors.
Sp02M Current Events
Sp09M Modern Architecture: 1900-2014
Sp15T Seminar in Medical Ethics
Sp20T Themes of the Civil War
Sp23T Great Decisions: The US and World Affairs
Sp24T The New Yorker Magazine Discussion Group
Sp42Th Spanish Conversation and Composition 2
Sp43Th You Be the Critic: A Film Discussion Group
SpE03T Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, and Classicism
SpE06Th Good Golly! It’s NOT Bolly!: The Apu Trilogy
SpE07Th The Lesser Knowns: 20th C. Artists in the Shadows
SpE09Th Sherlock Holmes: Master of Disguises and Surprises
SpE10Th Themes of the Civil War