Spring Week 3
April 20 - 24
Monday, April 20th, 11:15am – 12:45pm
- One-Session: US Government: YES, WE SCAN, presented by Bob Vukosic, in Classroom #2
Tuesday & Wednesday, April 21st & 22nd,
12:50 – 1:20pm
- New Member Orientation: We encourage all new members to attend this informative 30-minute meeting either on Tuesday OR Wednesday. Refreshments will be served.
Thursday, April 24th, 12:15 – 1:30pm
- Pfaudler Lecture Series: Abandoned: The Untold Story of Orphan Asylums, presented by Michael T. Keene, author, in Classroom #3/4
Monday, April 27th, 11:15am – 12:45pm
- One-Session: Walter William, "Suffer No Fools", presented by Liz Sciortino, in Classroom #2
Wednesday, April 29th
- Summer Course Proposals Due! Please submit your course proposals for the summer term to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, April 30th, 12:15 – 1:30pm
- Pfaudler Lecture Series: Two Shakes of a Lamb's Tail, presented by Osher member Robert Hesselberth, in Classroom #3/4
Friday, May 1st, 2pm
- Osher Arts & Lectures presents the Ying Quartet at the JCC’s Hart Theatre. Sign up sheets to attend our FREE upcoming event are in the lounge area. A reception will follow the performance.
Important to Know:
- Please use the microphones! The Listen system can be used by anyone (not just those with hearing aids!) – think of it as “individual volume control.” However, the system can’t work for you and your fellow classmates if you don’t use the microphones! Please be considerate and make sure to pass the mic in class. Thanks!
- Classroom Safety: Safety is the number one responsibility of each Osher member whether or not we use canes, walkers, wheelchairs, or any other mobility assisting devices. Please be sure all of your appliances or other personal belongings are not blocking doorways or aisles. If you move your chair into an aisle, please move it back. Please do not add chairs to the open space in the back of Classrooms 3 & 4. Thanks.
- Ride-share Board: Need a ride to Osher? Can you provide rides for other members? Let staff know and we can post the info on our Ride-share Board, located in the hallway by the copier room.
- Add / Drop Forms: Members can add or drop a class at any time during the term by filling out an Add/Drop form, found on the table in the lobby by the bulletin boards near the women’s restroom, and also in the new bins just inside the door of each classroom.
- Osher Calendar is Online: All Osher meetings, term dates, one-sessions, Pfaudlers, and more events are always current on our online calendar at osher.rit.edu/calendar.
- In Case of Emergency: Please note that Emergency Action instruction signs are posted throughout the building, including in each classroom. If needed, an AED is located in the kitchen near the closet doors.
Sp02M Current Events
Sp09M Modern Architecture: 1900-2014
Sp15T Seminar in Medical Ethics
Sp20T Themes of the Civil War
Sp23T Great Decisions: The US and World Affairs
Sp24T The New Yorker Magazine Discussion Group
Sp42Th Spanish Conversation and Composition 2
Sp43Th You Be the Critic: A Film Discussion Group
SpE03T Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, and Classicism
SpE06Th Good Golly! It’s NOT Bolly!: The Apu Trilogy
SpE07Th The Lesser Knowns: 20th C. Artists in the Shadows
SpE09Th Sherlock Holmes: Master of Disguises and Surprises
SpE10Th Themes of the Civil War