Osher: it’s where you belong
We welcome you to Osher, where curious minds gather. Members tell us they come for the intellectual stimulation of the courses and activities, and they stay for the people.
It’s a relaxed and informal atmosphere. We share knowledge, spark ideas, inspire new thinking, and forge friendships. No tests or pressure...just the sheer joy of learning.
We offer up to 15 courses per day, from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm Mondays through Thursdays, and Fridays from 9:00 am to 12:45 pm. Other activities are scheduled throughout the week—but generally not on weekends or evenings.
"I tell people...that Osher is a wonderful place, that the courses are interesting, and the people are even more interesting."
What kind of membership suits you?
There are only two criteria for joining Osher: you must be 50 or older, and you must have a curious mind!
We offer two levels of membership to suit different needs:
- Regular Membership: All the programs, benefits and perks: $278 per year
- Supporting Membership: Everything except the courses: $140 per year
Read more about the details of our membership levels.
Try us out with a trial membership
Make sure Osher is right for you with a Trial Membership. [More Info]
- For first-time members only
- Good for one session (Fall, Winter or Spring/Summer)
- All programs and benefits except for RIT student card and audiology services
Extend your trial membership to a full Regular membership, which includes the next two sessions, for an additional $125. Read the details of our Trial Membership.[Less Info]
Try us out at our FREE events
Osher Course Preview
A brief introduction to Osher and a sample of several of our next session courses. Check our calendar for the next date.
Create Your Own Open House
If your schedule doesn’t quite fit our Open House schedule, contact us. We’ll help you put together your own free Osher experience.
What’s included in Osher Regular and Trial membership
Osher membership is a world of interesting activity. Our core programs are academic in nature, with a little fun thrown in. Click on any of the activities below to read a more detailed description, or check out our Program Page for an overview.
- Courses—Led by members. Vary every term, depending on who wants to lead what, and generally meet weekly.
- Pfaudler Enrichment Series—Speakers program held every Thursday at noon.
- Summer Seminars—Discovery/Adventure learning experiences capped by expeditions to complementary destinations.
- Intersessions—Between terms, expeditions to local museums and cultural attractions.
- Social Activities—Always something fun happening.
- Travel, Tours, Field Trips—Member-organized and led, generally within a day’s travel time. Plus, there are RIT Travel Packages, and Osher Travel offered by our fellow Osher Institutes.
- Osher Library—Browse our honor system member library and borrow any books that are of interest to you.
Read more about our programs.[Less Info]