IC meetings are typically held in Slaughter Hall – 2230/2240 on Wednesdays from 3:00 – 4:50 p.m., once a month, September through May. Specific information on meeting dates and locations for AY 13-14 can be found on the Institute Council website.
The IC Executive Committee (ICEC) typically meets 10 – 14 days prior to each monthly meeting, typically on Mondays from 11:30 – 12:00. ICEC reviews all policy proposals and sets the agenda for the next meeting of the full Council. Members of ICEC include the president, provost, the chairs of Academic Senate and Staff Council, president of Student Government, and a representative from Deans Council. Members of ICEC for AY 13-14 are:
Bill Destler, President – IC Chair
Jeremy Haefner, Provost
Michael Laver, Chair, Academic Senate
Julia Lisuzzo, Chair, Staff Council
Paul Darragh, President, Student Government
Gerry Buckley, Representative, Deans Council
Administrative support to IC is provided by:
2149 Eastman Hall
Making Contact. To request time on an upcoming IC agenda, contact Katrina via e-mail with the information noted below. ICEC members review policy proposals in advance of each ICEC meeting to determine if they should be included on the agenda of the next, or an upcoming IC meeting. Katrina will contact you after ICEC’s meeting to confirm dates, times, and other details for the full IC meeting.
Providing Information. Providing the following information will 1) help ICEC/Katrina respond promptly to your request and 2) assist Katrina in meeting preparations:
- Dates (in order of preference) of upcoming meetings at which you’d like to present.
- Amount of time needed (minimum and ideal) to present the topic and field questions; and, if applicable, for IC to take action.
- Name(s), title(s), college/division and department(s) affiliations of presenter(s)
- Title of your topic as it should appear on the agenda and in meeting minutes.
- Objective(s) of your presentation (e.g., reporting for informational purposes, introducing a policy proposal, securing final approval).
- Proposal and/or other materials to be reviewed by ICEC members.
Submitting Materials. If you’re submitting materials, they should be sent via e-mail to Katrina at least five business days prior to the ICEC meeting to provide sufficient time to review the proposal you wish to bring forward to the full IC. If, subsequent to the ICEC meeting, you have additional or revised materials to distribute to IC members, they should be sent to Katrina at least five business days prior to the meeting of the full IC.
Following Up. Upon request, Katrina will send presenters the first draft of IC minutes to review for accuracy and respond with edits if needed. It is vitally important to respond by the stated deadline; the final draft of meeting minutes are typically distributed to IC members five business days prior to the next IC meeting.