Rochester City Scholars
Rochester Institute of Technology is proud to offer the Rochester City Scholars program to graduates of the Rochester City School District and approved charter schools who are admitted as freshman to full-time study in baccalaureate programs at the University. This scholarship program, for those meeting eligibility requirements, will cover full tuition at RIT.
Scholars will be expected to participate in a fully-funded on-campus enrichment program that begins in the summer prior to the start of their freshman year. During this time, scholars can earn up to eight college credits. Additionally, through the academic year, scholars will participate in one-on-one weekly meetings with an advisor in the Multicultural Center for Academic Success (MCAS) along with receiving support, guidance and access to the already rich campus resources that are available.
- Students must apply for admission by February 1st in order to be guaranteed consideration.
- The program is available to all students who have lived in the City of Rochester and attended an eligible high school within the RCSD for the last three years of high school.
- Students must graduate from an eligible high school and enroll at RIT the fall term after they graduate.
- Students will be expected to enter as a full-time student the year of high school graduation and maintain full-time status and good academic standing at RIT.
- Students must be accepted using RIT’s regular admissions standards.
- The student’s total family income (including taxed and untaxed income) must not exceed $60,000.
- The high school counselors will be asked to complete and return a Student Eligibility Certification for to Undergraduate Admissions along with the high school transcript and letter of recommendation by the February 1st application deadline.
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Tuition Assistance Program form (TAP) , each year by the priority deadline.