In order to be eligible for participation, an applicant must:
- be either a second- or third-year, full-time RIT student;
- be interested in pursuing post-baccalaureate education, particularly a PhD;
- have a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher;
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- be either:
- a first-generation college student (from families in which neither parent or guardian has obtained a bachelor's degree) and low-income (as defined by the U.S. Department of Education);
- OR a member of an underrepresented minority group (African American, Hispanic/Latino, and American Indian/Alaska Natives).
We are very excited to provide the NEW McNair application. For your convenience, we have combined the McNair Scholars, CSTEP and LSAMP applications into one simple form. We have streamlined the process for applying to these three similar programs in order to better serve our students. This will help us find the program that best fits each student's needs. Click here to download the application (.doc)(.pdf)
Applications are due Friday, October 12, 2012!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Director of the McNair Scholars Program, Dr. Tomicka Wagstaff at 585.475.6259 or email@example.com We look forward to receiving your application!