McNair Scholars credit their Faculty Mentors (rightly) as vital to their success in the research internship and to their overall progress towards graduate study. Faculty Mentors assist scholars in developing professional work habits, research skills, and relationships conducive to future doctoral pursuits. The Faculty Mentorsí collaboration with the McNair Staff contributes to the effective operation of the overall program.
Faculty Mentors receive a number of additional benefits as well, including:
- the pleasure of passing on your knowledge and skills;
- the reward of seeing a studentís growth under your guidance;
- the excitement of joint discoveries;
- valuable assistance on research projects;
- increased opportunities for funding for grants/programs requiring an undergraduate research component;
- partnering with McNair Scholars Program as a resource for undergraduate research.
Click here to download the McNair Scholars Program Faculty Brochure: www.rit.edu/president/mcnair/mcnair-faculty.pdf
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to working with you in the near future!