advanced certificate in service leadership and innovation will provide you with the elements of system design, help you focus on future scenarios to develop strategy and how to organize plans to achieve future aspirations. This certificate is appropriate for CEO and COO’s oriented to helping their organizations achieve sustainable growth capitalizing on their human potential as well as those interested in evolving into these roles within the Human Resource department.
Service leadership and innovation, advanced certificate, typical course sequence
|Course||Sem. Cr. Hrs.|
|SERQ-710||Evolving Contexts in Service||3|
|SERQ-720||Service Scenarios and Strategy Development||3|
|SERQ-730||Project Manangement in Not-for-Profits||3|
|SERQ-735||Data Mining in Not-for-Profits||3|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||12|
To be considered for admission to the advanced certificate in service leadership and innovation, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
• Earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution,
• Have earned a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0,(B average or first class degree from a foreigh university),
• Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work,
• Submit a current resume,
• Submit a personal statement abd writing sample,
• Submit two letters of recommendation, and
• Complete a graduate application and chose this advanced certificate as their program choice
Quarter Curriculum - For Reference Only
Effective fall 2013, RIT converted its academic calendar from quarters to semesters. The following content has been made available as reference only. Currently matriculated students who began their academic programs in quarters should consult their academic adviser for guidance and course selection.
The advanced certificate in service leadership and innovation offers service professionals cutting-edge skills, abilities, and applied service knowledge. The certificate will heighten the student’s capacity to function in today’s highly competitive and quickly evolving service environment.
The advanced certificate is made up of five courses that help students master the following concepts:
- understand service performance system design and implementation parameters,
- understand and use service value delivery system structures and processes,
- comprehend the evolving strategic environment of service-sector businesses,
- establish and use service-system elements/dimensions,
- build service metrics from feedback processes,
- understand and implement customer relationship management, and
- construct innovative approaches to service and managing those changes.
Service leadership and innovation, advanced certificate, typical course sequence (quarters)
|Course||Qtr. Cr. Hrs.|
|0625-750||Elements of Service Management: A Systems Approach||4|
|0624-825||Strategic Process of Service Firms||4|
|0625-842||Customer Relationship Management||4|
|0625-849||Service Performance Metrics||4|
|Total Quarter Credit Hours||20|
The certificate may be completed as a stand-alone credential, serve as an entry point for the MS program, or be used to fulfill the requirements for a professional concentration in RIT’s MS program in professional studies.
The advanced certificate is open to qualified students who meet the requirements for graduate study. Certificate courses are introductory to graduate courses in each area and thus require no prerequisite course work. Qualified students may use individual courses or the certificate in other RIT graduate programs with the appropriate approvals.