Dr. James Myers is the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs. He previously served as the Director for the Center for Multidisciplinary Studies where he helped establish the American University in Kosovo and created numerous corporate and government sponsored outreach education programs. He was also previously the Associate Dean and Associate Professor in the American College of Management and Technology (ACMT), in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Dr. Myers’ interest and research focuses on the nexus of natural resources, infrastructure, and human health in developing countries. He has served as a consultant to the World Bank’s Western Balkans Energy Efficiency Assessment team. Since 2009, he has served as the Associate Executive Director for Haiti Outreach Pwoje Espwa (H.O.P.E.), a non-profit organization that operates a health care system in Borgne, Haiti. Dr. Myers has written and received more than $13 million in grants, contracts, and foundation awards since 2002.
Dr. Myers received a B.S. in Food Systems Management, and a M.S. in Packaging Science, both from the Rochester Institute of Technology; and a Ph.D. in Natural Resource Economics from Michigan State University.
- Guide strategic growth and direction of international education and outreach
- Develop and implement programs to further the universities internationalization efforts
- Advance RIT’s global presence
- Secure resources and partnerships to support faculty participation in international teaching and research
- Advance international exchange and faculty led study abroad
- Collaborate with RIT’s global locations, alumni and government partners
Dr. James Myers
Associate Provost, International Education and Global Programs
Constellation Commons for Global Learning
Rochester Institute of Technology
12 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623