Ryne Raffaelle was appointed vice president for research and associate provost at RIT in 2011. He was formerly the director of the National Center for Photovoltaics at the National Renewable Energy Lab in Golden, Colo., the federal government’s central research organization for solar energy development. Raffaelle returns to RIT after serving in a number of different capacities from 2000 to 2009. His many assignments at RIT included an appointment as the first academic director of the Golisano Institute for Sustainability. He also served as the director of the NanoPower Research Lab at RIT. At the National Renewable Energy Lab in Colorado, Raffaelle provided technical vision, strategic leadership, asset stewardship and personnel management for the center. He worked on developing and enhancing technical capabilities relevant to advancing solar energy technologies while delivering world-class quality research and development, testing and validation.
The Vice President for Research works closely with the areas below to enhance RIT's research environment.
The Vice President for Research is responsible for:
- Overseeing university-wide research and research support services as well as industry and government research relationships.
- Collaborating with all deans and center directors and works closely with other University administrators to develop and carry out RIT's strategic research agenda.
- Overseeing Sponsored Research Services.
- Overseeing Research Relations Office.
- Overseeing Human Subjects Research Office.
- Overseeing Research Computing.
- Overseeing the IT Collaboratory.
- Overseeing the Albert J. Simone Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Overseeing the RIT Venture Creations Incubator
- Collaborating with RIT's offices of Finance & Administration to support technology transfer through the Technology Licensing Office
Dr. Ryne Raffaelle
Vice President for Research and Associate Provost
2435 University Services Center
1 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
(585) 475-6886 Fax
Sponsored Research Services: http://www.rit.edu/research/srs/
Research Relations Office: http://www.rit.edu/research/rro/
Human Subjects Research: http://www.rit.edu/research/hsro/
Research Computing: http://rc.rit.edu/
IT Collaboratory: http://www.rit.edu/research/itc/
Sponsored Programs - Finance: http://finweb.rit.edu/controller/sponsored/
Technology Licensing Office: http://www.rit.edu/research/ipmo/
RIT Venture Creations Incubator: http://www.venturecreations.org
Albert J Simone Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship: http://entrepreneurship.cob.rit.edu/