Education Core Committee: Board of Trustees
A Message from Provost Jeremy Haefner :
The Board of Trustees plays an important role in the governance of the University, fulfilling their fiduciary responsibilities and assuring that the University is consistently aligned with its mission and vision. The Education Core Committee is one of five core committees of the board of trustees and plays an especially important part as they are responsible for overseeing that RIT achieves the highest levels of academic quality. (read more…read less…)
As Provost, I am fortunate to have the opportunity to serve on this committee, and appreciative of the committee member’s generous commitment to RIT’s mission.
Jeremy Haefner, Ph.D.
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Members and Terms of Office
There shall be an Education Committee as a committee of the corporation consisting of not less than seven members composed of the Chair of the Board and the President serving ex officio. (read more…read less…)
Powers and Duties of the Education Committee
The Education Committee shall act in a consultative and advisory manner. (read more…read less…)
- Consult with the administration with regard to curricula, equipment, and facilities, degrees to be offered, and new programs of study to be initiated, either immediate or in the future, in order to meet the requirements of the students and of the business and industrial community served;
- Engage in any other policy considerations relating to the academic program, and obtain whatever professional advice and counsel in this regard seems desirable, either within or outside of the Institute; and
- Report periodically to the Board of Trustees, through the Committee Chair, of its activities, and make recommendations to the Board with regard to policies governing the Institute's educational program.
Subcommittees of the Education Committee
The Education Committee shall have such subcommittees through which it conducts its activities as it determines desirable.
The Education Committee shall meet at such times and places and upon such notice as it may determine
- Agenda July 2012
- Agenda November 2012
- Agenda April 2013
- Agenda July 2013
- Agenda November 2013
- Agenda April 2014
- Agenda July 2014
In order to access the documents on this page, RIT login is required:
For April 2013 Meeting:
For November 2012 Meeting:
- Cover Letter - October 23, 2012 (Brown, Haefner)
- Proposal to Increase the Financial Award For the RIT Trustees Scholarship Award
- MSCHE: Periodic Review Report Preliminary Result - October 19, 2012
- Academic Dashboard (Haefner, Licata) - July 2012
- The Academic Portfolio Blueprint (APB Taskforce, Woodlock) - July 2012
- The Innovative Learning Institute (Haefner) - July 2012
- Academic Quality Engaging the RIT Board of Trustees (Haefner) - December 5, 2013
Content Coming Soon.