As I look back at all of the accomplishments of this past year, there are so many meaningful contributions by faculty, staff and students that have changed the landscape of RIT. We are a university on the move and the excitement is building.
Five priorities are key to our success, and summer is a good time to reflect on these strategic priorities and how they guide our plans of work for the upcoming year.
- Student Success - the collection of work and activities that support and lead to the success of our students as measured by achievement of learning and completion of degree.
- Academic Excellence - fundamental to our mission and vision in that it incorporates those activities that lead to the highest quality academic programs; examples include acquiring and allocating resources, achieving accreditation, developing, evaluating, and managing academic programs, and working to achieve student learning.
- Research and Innovation - as well as scholarship and creative work, form a critical part of faculty and student work; learning becomes engaged and enhanced when faculty embrace the teacher-scholar model and infuse the classroom learning with new ideas, discoveries, and inventions.
- Faculty and Staff Success - Activities which aid faculty and staff in their work and enable them to succeed. Examples include professional development programs, tenure and promotion guidance, support for the enhancement of teaching and learning, and the sharing of information through effective communication.
- Inclusive and Global Education - describes those projects and activities that support RIT's value and commitment to preparing our students to effectively work in a multi-cultural, diverse, and global environment.
Have a wonderful summer and may you thoroughly and safely enjoy whatever activities you choose to do to refresh, relax and rejuvenate.