Take a Plunge in the Shark Tank, sponsored by the Saunders College of Business
Are you ready to take a plunge in the Shark Tank?
This event, sponsored by the Saunders College of Business, gives students the opportunity to pitch their business idea to a bunch of judges (aka, sharks) to win cash prizes. Competitors in the Shark Tank this year will be preselected from the top 5 ranked submissions to the idea contest, due Sunday, January 20, 2013 @ 11:59PM.
Submissions in the idea contest should describe and early stage product or service with foreseeable commercial impact. Please include in your description:
- The ways in which this venture is unique, what problem it seeks to solve or gap in the marketplace it seeks to fill.
- A description of your target market. Inclusive of who potential consumers and/or users would be and what value your venture would add to their lives.
- Any potential challenges to delivering this product or service.
- Must be no more than two pages in length. All content past this length will not be considered as part of the submission.
The proposals will be evaluated based upon their uniqueness, feasibility and the ability to impact people. Five teams will be chosen to compete in the Shark Tank competition which will be held on Monday February 4, 2013 at 6pm.
Selected participants will be notified via email, and broadcast on this site by Monday January 28, 2013.
Entries must be received by Sunday January 20, 2013 to be considered.
Prizes awarded during the Shark Tank Competition are as follows:
o 1st Place - $2000
o 2nd place - $1250
o 3rd place - $750
o 4th place - $500
o 5th place - $250
Click here to apply, and good luck!
* Note* - You must be a full time student of RIT in good standing to enter. Contest is open to undergrad and grads. You must be able to attend the Shark Tank Competition Monday February 4, 2013 starting at 6pm. The decisions made by the judges are final.
Make sure to check out the Harvard Business School Elevator Pitch Building Tool
For questions or comments, please contact Rupa Thind.