Digital Entrepreneurship Initiative
Digital Entrepreneurship represents a convergence of traditional entrepreneurship with an emphasis on new technologies, new business forms and the opportunities created by new technologies. By design, our approach integrates the perspective of stakeholders from different backgrounds, including Computing, New Media, Business, Science and Engineering. An emerging area of excellence at Rochester Institute of Technology, Digital Entrepreneurship has begun to attract national attention for this exciting initiative.
Activities of the Digital Entrepreneurship group include:
- Supporting the growing DigEnt Community. Since its inception in March 2007, the community has grown almost 10 fold and is now ranked #1 on Google searches for our subject area.
- Mentoring new student and faculty ventures that leverage digital technologies
- Conducting Academic Research relevant to Digital Entrepreneurship
- Delivering the interdisciplinary Digital Entrepreneurship course and program of study
- Developing new curriculum to support the growth of this area
Recent news from Digital Entrepreneurship:
- The DigEnt Community has been listed as a leading example of a Collaboration Web by the New Media Consortium. Congratulations to all community members whose work received this acknowledgement! See pages 14 and 15 of the Horizon Report
- Digital Entrepreneurship student William Schneider is the 2008 Winner of the PAETEC Award in Digital Rochester’s Bright Ideas competition.
- 2007- RIT faculty publish initial research on Digital Entrepreneurship, "Taking advantage of digital opportunities: a typology of digital entrepreneurship" by Clyde Eiríkur Hull, Yu-Ting Caisy Hung, Neil Hair, Victor Perotti, Richard DeMartino.
- In 2006,The National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Association (NCIIA) awarded RIT Faculty with the money to start the Digital Entrepreneurship work.
» Join the RIT Digital Entrepreneurship Social Network
To learn more about the Digital Entrepreneurship Initiative, contact:
Dr. Victor Perotti [email]
Champion for Digital Business
Saunders College of Business
Rochester Institute of Technology