- Student Incubator
- News & Events
- Team Builder
The Simone Center for Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship exists to help you, the student, fully realize your entrepreneurial goals from start to finish.
Established in 2007 and named for RIT President Emeritus Albert Simone, the Center’s resources and faculty expertise are open to all students, regardless of discipline and year level. Through a three-pronged approach, students are shown how to take an idea from the beginning stages all the way through to commercialization.
The Simone Center promotes innovation and entrepreneurial learning across the RIT community by leveraging RIT's strengths in multi-disciplinary and experiential learning.
The Simone Center is viewed as a national leader in multi-disciplinary and experiential education in the areas of innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Simone Center’s approach entails:
Interdisciplinary Entrepreneurial Curriculum
- Entrepreneurship Minors and Concentrations
- Innovation and Commercialization related Minors and Concentrations
- Courses in Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Strategic Growth, and Business Creativity
- For-credit and co-operative opportunities for students to advance a business concept through the RIT Student Business Lab program
- For-credit opportunities for students to consult with pre-seed and start-up ventures
- Student co-operative education opportunities with start-up companies
- RIT sponsors annual programs related to innovation and entrepreneurship.
- RIT Business Plan Competition
- RIT Entrepreneurs Conference
- Workshops in Entrepreneurship
- Speaker Series
- Alumni Entrepreneurial Network
For more information, contact:
Dr. Richard DeMartino
Albert J. Simone Endowed Chair for Innovation and Entrepreneurship