Access Tech Product Competition
Innovative Access Technology Product Competition
The 2017 Innovative Access Technology Product Competition is specifically designed to promote and advance early-stage effective access ideas. This competition is broadly defined in order to include almost all access technology stakeholders: faculty and student researchers; companies; and other individuals with new access technology ideas.
Inventors, entrepreneurs and students will pitch early-stage ideas for an access technology product or service and have a chance to win $2,500. The top five submissions will be invited to present their idea at the Effective Access Technology Conference on April 21st.
Applications for Spring 2017 are now closed. Check back next year!
Congratulations to the following winners for the Access Tech Product Competition:
First Place - GAIA
Second Place - DADCo
Third Place - Dexterous Technologies
Fourth Place - Wheelness
Fifth Place - ASL Storyteller
About the Conference
Accessibility is the idea of making things accessible to all people no matter what their abilities. How do we do this? One way is by developing innovative technologies that provide greater access, break down barriers, and create new opportunities.
There is a wide range of technologies on the market or in development to help people— whether they are chronically ill patients, aging seniors, veterans, deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals, people who are blind and visually impaired, or individuals with physical or cognitive challenges.
Who Should Attend?
The goal of the conference is to bring together innovators, researchers, service and health care providers, technology developers, and end users to share their innovative ideas, products and needs.
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am Registration, Networking, Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 am – 9:20 am Welcome Conference Chair and Leadership
- 9:30 am Posters and Exhibits Open*
- 9:30 am – 10:10 am Panel - Independent Living
- 10:30 am – 11:10 am Panel - Government Funding and Legislation
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch and Keynote
- 1:15 pm – 2:15 pm Innovative Access Tech Product Competition
- 2:30 pm – 3:10 pm Panel - Healthcare
- 3:30 pm – 4:10 pm Panel - Workplace Accommodations
- 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm Awards Ceremony and Closing Remarks
* Posters/exhibits will remain open throughout the day from 9:30am until 4:30pm, but attendees should be aware that some presenters may be away from their posters during lunch or to attend a panel of interest.
To view the conference website click here.