- Digital Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship Scholars
- Innovation Challenge Grant
- Innovators Hour
- Saunders Summer Start-up
- Studio 9.30
- NSF I-Corps
- The Construct
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Student Innovation Hall (SIH 87-1600) Room Reservations
Events should consist of multidisciplinary, innovative activities that align with and meet the goals of the Simone Center, MAGIC Center and RIT’s mission. The activities in the Simone Center are limited to professional presentations and academic meetings or those that utilize the space for formal functions that are courteous of the business offices located in proximity to the center.
If your event complies with these requirements, please contact Diane Cantisano to inquire about availability, email@example.com, 585-475-2185.
After availability has been confirmed, please send an email with the event name, description, number of attendees, and activities planned.
You will then receive this link to complete/ confirm the reservation; Room Reservation Form.
What is included in a reservation
- The round space indicated on the map below as 87-1600.
- Set-up and tear-down of Student Innovation Hall's tables and chairs.
- Podium (height adjustable).
- Projection/ screen system.
- Laptop - If you need to pre-test your presentation, please contact the Student Help Desk.
- 2 wireless microphones: (1) hands free, and (1) hand-held.
- Student Worker to assist with audio/visual and other requirements throughout event.
- 3 banquet tables.
- Your event flyer displayed on a digital monitor at entrance to the Hall. Please email the electronic file (JPG, PNG, PPT landscape 1920 x 1080) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is NOT included in a reservation
- Catering – Please account for catering set up and tear down time in your reservation and contact the Student Help Desk for all deliveries.
- Custodial Services on weekends – An RIT GL account number for facility and custodial service charge backs is required.
- Banquet tables – If more than 3.
- Coat racks.
*Tables, linens and coat racks are available through FMS Event Request Form.
Student Innovation Hall Rules and Restrictions
- Nothing can be taped to, written on, or leaned against any of the walls.
- Balloons, confetti, glitter, and chemicals are strictly prohibited.
- During normal business hours, the space is NOT available to host dinners, banquets, award receptions, fashion shows, music competitions, etc.
- The event holder is responsible to monitor all attendees’ use of the lobby to ensure that Student Financial Services is not disrupted.
- Weekend events require an RIT GL account number to be provided for facility and custodial service charge backs.
- On Friday evenings, students play board games in the lounge adjacent to the Hall.
The event space maximum occupancy limits
200 standing only (no chairs, no tables)
150 chairs only, theater-style
72 hexagon-shaped tables, 6 chairs each
50 classroom style, tables with chairs