Student Innovation Hall - Room Reservations
The Simone Center for Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship has two rooms available for use - 1100 (conference room) and 1600 (round open space).
Events should consist of multidisciplinary, innovative activities that align with and meet the goals of the Simone Center, MAGIC Center and RIT’s mission. The activities in the Simone Center are limited to professional presentations and academic meetings or those that utilize the space for formal functions that are courteous of the business offices located in proximity to the center.
If your event complies with these requirements, contact Diane Cantisano, (585)475-2185, to inquire about availability.
After availability has been confirmed, send an email with the event name, description, number of attendees, and activities planned.
You will receive a room reservation link to complete the reservation process.
What is included in a reservation for SIH - 1600:
- The round space indicated on the map below as SIH - 1600.
- Set-up and tear-down of Student Innovation Hall's tables and chairs.
- Podium (height adjustable).
- Projection/ screen system.
- Laptop - If you need to pre-test your presentation, please contact Diane Cantisano.
- 2 wireless microphones: (1) hands free, and (1) hand-held.
- Student Worker to assist with audio/visual and other requirements throughout event.
- 3 banquet tables.
- Your event flyer displayed on a digital monitor at entrance to the Hall. Please email the electronic file (JPG, PNG, PPT landscape 1920 x 1080) to Diane Cantisano.
What is NOT included in a reservation
- Catering – Please account for catering set up and tear down time in your reservation and contact Diane Cantisano for all deliveries.
- Custodial services on weekends – An RIT GL account number for facility and custodial service charge backs is required.
- Banquet tables – If more than 3.
- Coat racks.
Student Innovation Hall Rules and Restrictions
- Nothing can be taped to, written on, or leaned against any of the walls.
- Balloons, confetti, glitter, and chemicals are strictly prohibited.
- During normal business hours, the space is NOT available to host dinners, banquets, award receptions, fashion shows, music competitions, etc.
- The event holder is responsible to monitor all attendees’ use of the lobby to ensure that Student Financial Services is not disrupted.
- Weekend events require an RIT GL account number to be provided for facility and custodial service charge backs.
- On Friday evenings, students play board games in the lounge adjacent to the Hall.
For more information on room layouts and maximum occupancy limits, click here.