Innovation Challenge Grant
The Albert J. Simone Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is will be accepting proposals soon for the Simone Center Student Innovation Challenge Grant Program. This grant program is designed to assist students and student teams with advancement of innovation-related projects through grants. These grants are intended to be awarded for early-stage projects with the potential to carry over into the following academic year. The Spring 2017 Program is interested in all project ideas, however additional funding may be available for projects within one or more of the categories below:
- LED and Digital Display Technologies
- Next Generation Home Technologies (connectedness) / Smart Grid
- Mechanical (electromechanical)
- Communications (4G LTE)
- Access Technology
Projects will be selected based on:
- Potential to be realized
- Multidisciplinary team membership
- Faculty Mentor oversight
Selected team projects will receive funding between $1,500 and $3,000
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Project Presentation: late fall semester, 2017
- Funding must be used by: December 16, 2017
- Each project must have a faculty member willing to oversee the project
- Your mentor will be asked to sign an acknowledgement form (if awarded grant funding)
Expenses and Reimbursement:
- All expenses must adhere to RIT’s Policies and Procedures
- All purchase requests MUST be sent to the Simone Center. The Simone Center will then make all purchases. Any expense submitted to the Simone Center for reimbursement will be declined. (See non-reimbursable expenses below)
- All purchase requests must be received no later than December 16, 2017
Includes, but is not limited to:
- Consulting Fees
- Business startup fees, such as business cards, registering a business, website domain, etc.
- Hourly wages
- Non-dedicated equipment and software, such as a personal computer, tablet, etc.
- Conference travel
- Advertising, publication, and marketing expenses
If funded, each project leader must sign a contract agreeing to the above Terms and Conditions.
For more information and to apply contact Dr. Richard DeMartino.