Tiger Tank Application and Rules
Tiger Tank Application Details
Applications are now closed! Check back in the Fall for Tiger Tank Fall 2017!
Tiger Tank Prizes
Prizes awarded during the Tiger Tank Competition are per team and split equally amongst the team.
- 1st Place - Full scholarship towards one of the graduate business programs at Saunders College of Business + $2000 prize
- 2nd Place - 50% scholarship towards one of the graduate business programs at Saunders College of Business + $1250 prize
- 3rd Place - 50% scholarship towards one of the graduate business programs at Saunders College of Business + $750 prize
- 4th Place - $500 prize
- 5th Place - $250 prize
Tiger Tank Process
The proposals will be evaluated based upon their uniqueness, feasibility and the ability to impact people.
Elevator Pitch Semi-finals:
This year we will be selecting 25 applicants for a semi-final round of 90 second elevator pitches. The semi-finals will be held on April 20, 2017 at 6:00 PM. We will let semi-finalists know that they have been selected by April 7, 2017.
Judges will select 5 finalists, from all the entries selected in the semi-final round, to be invited to the RIT campus for presentations on April 26, 2017 at 6:00 PM. A panel of judges will evaluate the presentations of the 5 finalists to decide their final placements. All teams are required to be present on campus to participate. Winners will be selected and announced at the end of the event. All decisions made by the judges are final.
Tiger Tank Application Questions
- Describe your early stage product or service that has foreseeable commercial impact.
- How is your venture unique?
- What problem does your idea seek to solve or what gap in the marketplace does it seek to fill?
- Describe your target market.
- Who are the potential consumers and/or users?
- What value does this venture add to their lives?
- Describe any potential challenges you see to delivering this product or service.
- Have you received more than $10,000 worth of external commercialization funding? If yes, please describe. This includes SBIR or angel investment funding. This does not include any resources employed for IP protection or research.
Tiger Tank Rules
RIT Tiger Challenge Scholarship Prize Details: Scholarships awarded apply only to Saunders College of Business at Rochester Institute of Technology graduate programs, including Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Science (MS) programs. Scholarships do not apply to Executive MBA or undergraduate programs.
Scholarships awarded may either be used in-full by one team member, or if more than one team member wishes to use the scholarship, the amount of the scholarship must be split among team members and will not exceed the total amount of the scholarship awarded to the team. Scholarship winners must enroll into their graduate program within 18 months of winning their scholarship, and accepted students must submit a Team Scholarship Consent Form to clarify which team members intend to use the scholarship awarded. Scholarship winners are subject to all applications requirements and must receive full admissions acceptance into a Saunders graduate program.
The Tiger Tank Competition scholarship award may not be used in addition to other scholarships already awarded by Saunders College of Business. Team members wishing to use awarded scholarship must get written consent from other team members about their intent to use or not use their portion of the awarded scholarship. In all cases, intent to use scholarship is also dependent upon full admissions acceptance into a Saunders graduate program. The contest is open to all. No entry fee is required.