Sponsored project-related internal forms and contract templates. These documents are
frequently updated - always download
the latest version from this page.
|Proposal Submission and
| Proposal Routing Form (PRF)
Fillable PDF form. Includes Investigator Export Control Checklist, Cost-Sharing Approval Form (including Tuition Remission), F&A Sharing Agreement, and definitions.
to Submit Form
To be completed when a sponsor limits the number of proposals RIT may submit.
PRF Personnel Supplement
Attach this form to the PRF
when there are more than 8 Senior Personnel.
| RIT Graduate Assistant Tuition Remission Worksheet (Post Award)
Complete this form to if you want SRS
to register or update your profile in the SMARTS/GENIUS funding
opportunity notification system.
RIT uses a number of standard agreements and contracts. For a
listing of all contract types and appropriate offices at RIT to
contact, see Signature
Authority @ RIT.
SRS administers contracts and agreements related to sponsored
projects. The standard types are described below. If you have any
questions about which agreement to use or require specialized language, contact
|Sponsored Actvity Agreements
Sponsored Research Agreement
- Use this if there is the slightest
chance any intellectual property will result from
- You should review RIT's Intellectual
Property Issues and Terms and share them with the
sponsor to inform them of RIT's position with regard
to IP negotiations.
- This agreement is subject to the patentability
provisions of the CREATE
- RIT uses a standard contract. It
provides for a company that wishes to license an invention
or technology at the conclusion of the project to work
with the Institute's Intellectual Property Management Office, which will negotiate licensing terms
with the company. Faculty and program directors should
not negotiate any of these terms or make any commitments
- Note that you will need to attach a
scope of work (Appendix A) and budget (Appendix B). If
you want help with these, contact
Research Services (Applied Research) Agreement
- Use this for testing or other
applied research projects.
- Use this if there is NO chance that
new discoveries or inventions will be made under the project.
- Note you will need to attach a scope
of work (Appendix A) and budget (Appendix B). If you want
help with these, contact
Corporate R&D Agreement (Master Sponsored Student Research Agreement)
- Use this when initiating Corporate R&D projects where research will be conducted by Master's students at a fixed price.
- Use only for projects where it is possible to transfer IP ownership to the company.
- Each project must be defined on a separate Appendix.
- Use this for training activities,
whether they be one day/one time or cover an entire multiple
- The language covers courses taught
at RIT. However, you can use this for off-site courses; contact
us for language to use in that situation.
Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA) Request Form
- This form explains the procedures and
policies for working under confidentiality.
- This form is required when
a nondisclosure/confidentiality agreement may be necessary
for your project. It should accompany the RIT NDA
below, or a sponsor-provided agreement.
RIT Bilateral Nondisclosure
- This is the form to use if a sponsor,
or both RIT and a sponsor want to disclose confidential
information to each other.
- If a sponsor has their own NDA, contact
Sponsored Research Services to review their document. Do
not sign their agreement and do not allow
them to give you confidential information before
an NDA is fully executed by both parties.
- Only the director of SRS can
sign an NDA for the institution. However,
any individual who is disclosing or receiving confidential
information must abide by the terms of the agreement(s). That
means that units at RIT need to provide for confidentiality
protection and unit leaders need to inform their staff
and students about the importance of keeping confidential
information secure. Procedures need to be in place whereby
confidential information is stored under lock and key.
- RIT Confidential and Sponsor Confidential
Information located at RIT must be labeled and handled
in accordance with the RIT
Information Access and Protection Standard .
- The NDA Request form (above)
must accompany this, or a sponsor-provided agreement.
Equipment Loan or Custody
- Use this if a company is loaning or
consigning a piece of equipment to your unit.
- If the company wants you to conduct
research using the equipment and/or provide them with reports
on its uses, call Sponsored Research Services for the language
to be added to this agreement.
Materials Transfer Agreement
- An MTA is advised when the material is proprietary; maintained as a trade secret by the provider; or infectious, hazardous, or subject to special regulations; and is to be tested, studied, altered, or modified in such a way by the recipient that the provider and recipient of the material require the intellectual property rights to the modifications and derivatives of the material, as well as the usage terms and liabilities, to be defined by the parties before the transfer occurs.
- If there are any questions about an MTA, or whether an MTA should be used, contact SRS promptly to discuss the fact of the particular situation.