| The Microsoft Word (“.doc”) forms found on this page
are designed to be filled out on your computer. To prevent accidental changes,
To use these forms:
- Click on the link for the form you want, and either open it or
save it to your computer.
- To fill in the forms, use the “Tab” key to move through
the fields and type the appropriate information in the blanks. When
available, help text will appear in the status bar at the bottom of
the Word window.
- In Word, go to “File -> Save As” and save
the form to a location on your computer. Use a meaningful filename
Doe - Acme Inc Applied Research 03-2004.doc”). You can
now open this file and print or edit it as needed.
If you need to make changes to the standard language in the form you
are using, the changes will need to be approved through Sponsored Research
Services before a form can be signed.
To edit the standard language:
- Follow steps 1-4 above, filling in the blanks as you would normally.
- In Word go to “Tools -> Unprotect Document” and
-> Track Changes.”
- Re-save the form. You will now be able to edit any of the text
in the document while Word tracks your changes (you will notice Word
adds editing marks). Once saved, the changes can then be easily
reviewed by SRS for approval.
More information about "Track Changes":